By tradition, the title Marine Engineer is associated with the design, construction, operation and maintenance of ships and their machinery and associated systems.
Although this remains significant, such is the span of engineering disciplines and survey activities involving the sea and the seabed that the term Maritime Engineering is now more appropriate.
Whether involved in the traditional shipping aspects of the industry or offshore and ocean engineering developments, the professional expertise and responsibilities of the maritime engineer require both academic achievement and practical experience in a diverse range of disciplines.
A career in this industry requires integrity, ingenuity and leadership and can involve work in design, construction, operations and maintenance.
These qualities are all to be learned in this course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Maritime field is extremely broad and brings about relationships with a variety of people with varying levels of experience from the many different aspects of shipping therefore this Course is suitable for a broad range of maritime related professionals and regularly attracts ships’ officers and shore-based management staff.
But the course is also valuable to Classification Societies, Marine Insurers, P&I Club Managers, Port Authorities and Coast Guard personnel amongst others.
The course is conducted online and provides a wonderful chance to build your international professional network without having to afford any travel expenses. Often more than 10 nationalities participate and are introduced to each other thanks to our education portal features.
- Producers, Traders or Commodities Brokers and Suppliers
- Ship agent, Shipbrokers
- Ship-owners, Charterers, Shippers and Maritime Attorneys
- Purchasers and Technical Managers and Superintendents
- Captains, Chief Engineers and Ship Staff
- Insurance Company Underwriters, claims handlers, and members of the legal profession
- Service providers, Surveyors, Inspectors, Analysts, Technical advisers
- Practicing cargo agents, Freight forwarders, Shipping Industry starters, cargo consolidators
- Other professionals.